Our 4th and final child was born June 2nd, 2010.
Paula and I had debated for the longest time on what the name should be. We both really liked the name Lilly but I wanted it to be a nickname, not her given name. My reasoning: We have 3 children with nicknames - Elayna = Laney, Maxton = Max, and Dashel = Dash. I thought it only fitting that if we both decided we liked the name Lilly, we could be Lillyana and Lilly would be her nickname. Well, the day came and after many "discussions" I finally gave in. So if Lilly grows up and wishes she would have been named Lillyana it's not my fault! I'm kidding of course. Well, mostly kidding.
Her middle name, Grace, is my Grandmother's first name. She passed away a few years ago and we thought it flowed well with Lilly. She was the only Grandma I've ever known so I think this is a nice way to remember her.
So Lilly came into this crazy world at 12:30pm on June 2nd, 2010. I think this is a great day for a birthday. The weather should usually be nice and it comes at the end of the school year. No big holidays in the month, just Father's Day. She had the least amount of hair of all of our children and the only one born with blonde hair. It's very short and we can't tell if it's strawberry blonde or just blonde. Time will tell...
Lilly weighed 6 lbs 7 oz and measured 19 inches long. This is the same weight as Dash when he was born but Dash was 21 inches. Lilly is the cutest little thing. Not much crying at all. A very good little baby girl.
We are very blessed to have another child in our lives and we are very excited to have another girl to raise. Vasectomy here I come!
Hurry and make an appointment for June 18. Then maybe you and Ron could get a 2 for 1 special!
ReplyDelete